Nourish offers a unique blend of yoga methodologies in all classes.
● Gentle yoga poses modified to address specific physical and mental needs of those with chronic health conditions.
● A series of gentle movements, combined with breath-work, gradually warms and loosens tight muscles and stiff joints.
● Stimulates the immune system, slowly builds strength, improves range of motion, and releases stress.
● Neuro-muscular approach that helps retrain the brain and nervous system to release chronically held tension patterns by using subtle movements.
● Improves mind-body connection, cortical control, spatial orientation, flexibility, and equilibrium.
● Suitable for all, and highly beneficial for relieving chronic pain and/or neurological issues.
In yoga, this discipline is known as Somatic Yoga.
● Allows gravity to do the work for you by safely supporting your body in restful postures using various props from home.
● Replenishes and nourishes your whole being.
● Effectively balances the central nervous system, improves sleep, and reduces anxiety.
● Makes yoga poses more accessible by incorporating a chair.
● Aids balance during standing poses and conserves energy and supports endurance when seated.
● Excellent for those with joint injuries, muscle weakness, or balance and orthostatic intolerance issues.
Use of a chair can be added to any class.
MINDFULNESS & BREATHWORK
● Meditative approach that gently guides the mind into a calmer state of focus and stillness.
● Specialized breathing practices help dismantle unsupportive breathing patterns, to improve the function of lungs and heart, regulate blood pressure and increase oxygen delivery to our entire bodies.
● Combined with imagery, progressive relaxation, or focused attention, assists our mind-body in achieving better balance and a more peaceful state of being.
● Effective practice for managing stress, depression, and anxiety.
BOOK A CLASS NOW
Click here to book online yoga class.
Schedule a Free Consultation for Customized Sessions
During this free 20-minute video or phone chat, we will explore your individual or group's specific needs. This will give us the opportunity to discuss what you can expect from private sessions, and see if I am a good fit for your requirements based on my scope of abilities. I’m looking forward to hearing from you!